Sign up to have one of our team of experts contact you
Register Now »

EPA Final National Rule Issued

Does your company produce, or import, any products with manufactured wood components? (Think adjustable bases or furniture pieces among other products.) If so, then you should become familiar with the Environmental Protection Agency’s final rule regarding formaldehyde emissions associated with manufactured wood such as particle board, plywood and the like. New label obligations as well as compliance with emissions standards become effective in 2017, meaning that each company needs to carefully consult with its wood suppliers and assess very soon whether a redesign of its products is necessary. Moreover, record-keeping requirements will soon be imposed upon each company in the stream of commerce. CONTACT Ms. Mattiace for additional information at 1-877-481-0734.

IMPORTANT Massachusetts Policy Changes

Massachusetts is currently reviewing their bedding, upholstered furniture and stuffed toy regulations and has determined that in accordance with M.G.L C. 94, § 271 and/or 105 CMR 620.000 they can require licensing per manufacturing location, just like the rest of the states currently do. Their past interpretation of allowing one license for all of a company’s manufacturing facilities will no longer be allowed, and upon renewal will require a separate application per facility for a fee of $300.00 for each license.

The Importer or Wholesale Dealer must be licensed if the manufacturer is not.

Legal Label is working with MA to ensure proper licensing for each of our clients.

Please note, MA has changed their expiration dates for all new licenses to one year from date of issue (as opposed to 6/30 annually.)

If you need help understanding these changes please contact Legal Label.

Virginia has changed their application

Virginia (VA) has changed their application for Upholstered Furniture Manufacturers, Bedding Manufacturers, Importers, Distributors, Re-upholsterers, Renovators, and Sanitizers to a one page application. If you need a new VA license for any of these license types, contact Legal Label today.