Sign up to have one of our team of experts contact you
Register Now »

Pennsylvania Accepts Utah Sterilization Permit!

sterilizationUtah is the first state accepted on Pennsylvania law labels. Pennsylvania used to only accept its own sterilization permit on its law label. Pennsylvania was the most stringent state, requiring a third party inspect the sterilizing method.

Utah requires certification every three years, and a yearly renewal. As a result, it’s now the strictest state. The requirement is that all products that contain a filling of animal origin, list the sterilization permit number on the law label.

Pennsylvania requires a one-time certification, but a yearly renewal.

Suppliers of wool, down, feather, and animal hair as fillings can choose between which of the two states they wish to use for their base permit. Furthermore, they still need to be registered in all states requiring sterilizing for their goods (CT, RI, MA).

Do you need a sterilization permit for your mattress, bedding, upholstered furniture, or stuffed toy?

Contact Legal Label for all your law label and state licensing needs today.


Pennsylvania Licensing Fee Increase

Licensing Fees Have Changed for Pennsylvania as of October 30th, 2017.

The Bedding and Stuffed Article licensing fees have doubled or tripled. The changes are as follows:

  • Manufacturer License & Renewal: $150.00 USD
  • Sterilization Permit: $75.00 USD
  • Sterilization: Renewal: $35.00 USD
  • Toy Manufacture License & Renewal: $75.00 USD
  • Per Unit Fees: $.05 USD

House Bill 118 is a bi-partisan effort, headed by Senator Kaufer (R). The bill is in regards the 2017-2018 Commonwealth Budget, and changed fees for Pennsylvania’s Department of Labor and Industry.

Legal Label will update as this goes, since we are currently invoicing our client base for their 2018 renewal fees.

In addition to sterilization fee changes, Pennsylvania has also announced it will accept Utah sterilization permits.

Are you a mattress, bedding, upholstered furniture, or stuffed toy manufacturer/importer that needs to be registered? Contact Legal Label for all your law label and state licensing needs today.